The Air Force Services Center (AFSVC) presents the Air Force Art (2D) and Art (3D) Contest 1 March through 30 April 2023. Entries are accepted at https://forcesupport.awardsplatform.com. Winners are determined by a panel of qualified judges. Judging is based on impact, creativity, and technical expertise. Prizes are awarded to the top three in each of the five categories. This year there are two art types of art competitions: 2D Art and 3D Art.
2D Art is considered to be two-dimensional as a drawing, sketch, or painting. Accepted media include oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, mixed media, gouache, egg tempera, pen and ink, charcoal, colored pencil, scratch board, markers and metal point. (no digital art) 3D Art is considered to be three-dimensional such as, sculpture, ceramic, pottery, clay, glass art, metals, jewelry, wood, fiber, and textile.
Artist my submit up to two uploaded photographs of their 2D and or 3D art entries per competition. The subject of the artwork is at the discretion of the artist but must be in compliance with the Official Rules of the contest.
Entries are accepted at https://forcesupport.awardsplatform.com, beginning at 12 p.m. March 1, 2023 Central Standard Time (CST) and ending at 11:59 p.m. CST, April 30, 2023. It is the sole responsibility of the submitting artist to meet the deadline. Submission will not be accepted by any other method. Please visit, like and follow
Please visit, like and follow the Facebook Page Air Force Arts, @airforcearts for the latest news, information and art related information.
Note: Digital Art and photography are not included in this contest.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three winners in each category.
- First Place: $500 Amazon Gift card
- Second Place: $400 Amazon Gift Card
- Third Place: $300 Amazon Gift Card
YOUTH CHILD: ages 6-8
YOUTH PRE-TEEN: ages 9-12
YOUTH TEEN: ages 13-17
ADULT NOVICE: Individuals who are new or inexperienced to working in the approved media.
ADULT ACCOMPLISHED: Individuals who have higher levels of art skills obtained through experience, education, training or who operate as professional artists.
Authorized patrons (AF) Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Programs (IAW AFI 34-101) Air Force Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Programs and use Eligibility) are eligible to participate in the Air Force Art Contest.
- Entrants in the Adult Category must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
- Entrants in the Youth Category must be at least six years old, but not more than 17 years at the time of entry. A legal parent or guardian must submit entries on behalf of Youth Category participants.
- Force Support Squadron (FSS) Commanders, civilian leaders, and FSS marketing personnel may enter the contest, but are not eligible to win prizes.
- Participants must meet all eligibility requirements determined in the Official Rules.
- Prizes will be awarded to eligible participants in Adult and Youth Categories.
- Submissions that do not meet the requirements determined in the Official Rules are ineligible to win.
- Art experts selected at the discretion of AFSVC will evaluate and assign a score to each entrant’s artwork based on impact, creativity, and technical criteria. In the event no entries are received, no prize will be awarded. Determinations made by the judges are final.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be notified via the email address provided on the submission. This is the official method of communication used to notify winners. If a winner does not respond to an email notification within five calendar days, or if communication via email is otherwise unsuccessful, an alternate winner will be selected. The winner is subject to, including without limitations, verification of eligibility, in compliance with these Official Rules.
- All Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. AFSVC will resolve tie breakers through further review and collaboration.