Force Support Squadron Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Kirtland AFB leadership continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. This is a rapidly evolving situation and, as such, can be stressful. We wanted to assure you of our ongoing efforts to protect the safety of all Team Kirtland.
**Updated 20 Nov 2020 at 1645**
Current KAFB HPCON Level
For the latest information on COVID-19, please see www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
New Mexico Department of Health NM DOH
For Kirtland specific information and updates, please see the Kirtland App. www.af.mil/News/Coronavirus-Disease-2019
- Mountain View Club (Meals To Go only)
- Sparetime Grill @ Kirtland Lanes Bowling Center will reopen 20 Nov for take-out only
- Bogey Bar & Grill @ Tijeras Arroyo Golf Course is open for take-out only
- Outdoor Recreation Center – Open for curb side pickup only
- Arts & Crafts – curb side pick up & virtual classes only
- Auto Hobby – self-serve & paid maintenance only (no classes)
- Aero Club – ground school only
- Youth Center and CDC – Mission Essential
- Education Center – essential testing only
- DFAC - Take out only
- Military Personnel Flight (MPF) - By appointment only
- Civilian Personnel Office (CPO) - By appointment only
Bowling at the Bowling Alley
Golf at Golf Course
Motor Vehicle Department (MVD)
EFFECTIVE 24 MARCH, 2020, KIRTLAND COMMISSARY WILL BEGIN 100% I.D. CHECK AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE STORE. ALL GUEST PRIVILEGES ARE CURRENTLY REVOKED.
ACCESS TO THE COMMISSARY IS LIMITED TO ACTIVE DUTY, RETIRED PERSONNEL EMPLOYED AT KIRTLAND AIR FORCE BASE, AND BASE RESIDENTS.
BASE PHARMACIES WILL REMAIN OPEN TO ALL ELIGIBLE.
What you need to know about requirements of cloth face coverings on KAFB
DOD has directed the wear of cloth face coverings, to the extent practical, for those who cannot maintain six feet of social distance in public areas or work centers (not including personal residences on military installations.)
* The KAFB directive applies to the following individuals on KAFB: 1) Military personnel; 2) DOD Civilian employees (Appropriated Fund and NAF); 3) Family members; 4) Contractors; and 5) ALL other individuals on KAFB.
These individuals will wear cloth face coverings as set forth below:
- Use of cloth face coverings (or other mitigating measures, based on operational requirements) is mandatory for all individuals on KAFB when six feet of social distancing is not achievable.
- For military members, no later than April 11, 2020, cloth face coverings will be conservative in color (e.g., black, brown, beige/sand, camouflage, OCP pattern preferred, or grey). At all times face coverings must be in good taste, non-offensive, as conservative as possible.
- For all others, it is recommended that face coverings be in good taste, non-offensive and as conservative as possible. Civilian employee reimbursement guidance for the mandatory use of face coverings is pending and will be released when it becomes available.
- Face coverings should be functional, cleaned regularly, maintained and should cover the mouth and nose.
* Cloth face covering wear is mandatory in the following areas:
- Personnel manning all installation gates
- The KAFB Dining Facility
- All individuals on KAFB that are engaged in food preparation, food sales, or the stocking of food (not including in home preparation.)
For those locations / situations not included above, face covering wear is optional, but highly recommended for all other times individuals are in public places.
For the complete directive, go to the Kirtland App under the Coronavirus icon, Team Kirtland Information, KAFB Commander Directives or the Kirtland website and click on the Coronavirus icon (https://